Are you looking for a position as a System Engineer where your technical skills, know-how and craftmanship in software engineering, will be challenged to the max? Then A2i has the job for you!
Who are A2i and what do they do?
A2i Systems is a full stack vertical AI company solely focusing on developing and marketing PriceCast Fuel – the world’s only AI-first, industry-specific, retail fuel pricing decision and optimisation system. PriceCast Fuel applies AI to Big Data in a real-time, data-driven system elevating pricing in organizations from being tactical to strategic. PriceCast Fuel reaches targets by continuously predicting demands in volatile markets by forecasting customer behaviour amongst others.
A2i has 19 employees and with a fast-growing customer base throughout Europe and North America, they are planning to add several new faces in the next months at their offices in Copenhagen and Odense.
You can read more about them at www.a2isystems.com.
Where do you come in?
A2i’s in-house team is constantly evolving their enterprise product, PriceCast Fuel, to support new features, implement performance enhancements, or improve the overall system architecture – supporting auxiliary applications such as their dashboard, visual analytics, apps and much more. You’ll be an integral part of the development team taking part in the analysis phase and working closely with the architect. You’ll need to bring all your design skills to the table to ensuring that the solution you end up implementing is of highest quality, adheres to our best practices and most importantly helps us to put world-class software in the hands of our end-customers.
What do A2i expect from you?
- You have a bachelor's degree or similar in software engineering
- You have 3-5 years of experience implementing software solutions in Java preferably using Spring-Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring JPA, Docker and microservices
- You are strong in design patterns and architectures and take pride in being up-to-date in new technologies
- Sparring with the development team during analysis, design, and implementation of the system solution
- You are driven and passionate about your work and put a pride in doing things the right way
- Working independently in a structed manner is you in a nutshell, but you can just as easily fit into a team of like-minded individuals.
- You have strong communication skills and are confident in speaking and writing English. You can also contribute to a relaxed, positive, and professional atmosphere at the office
What would be nice from you?
Life is a journey – and we’re all still learning every day, but it would be nice if you already have:
- Experience with AWS services, EC2, RDS, S3 and CloudFormation
- Have worked with CI/CD
- Worked as part of an agile project team in a scrum-inspired manner
- Knowledge of tools like JIRA and IntelliJ
- Speak or understand Danish
Taking the next step…
The location of this position is at A2i’s office in Odense. They see working together at the office as a strength, which sparks innovation and embraces sparring. However, they do support flexible working hours and offer opportunities to work from home during the week. A2i also offers an attractive package including several employee benefits such as a pension scheme, health insurance, canteen, free snacks, and fruit and all the coffee you can drink.